You must

11:42 AM
You must - see no rocket scientist to be a value of RAM cache



A few years ago, we in all our windows our house replaced (I see through the glass talking about you, not the operating system). Of course, we talked to a couple of different companies in the process that stopped by. We went through its product portfolio and brought samples. A demonstration stayed with me. The seller, put his sample box flat on the floor and stood on it, showing the strength of the window. I began to think immediately: "That was totally wicked" and "I wonder if it has ever rocked before."

As the practical part of my brain kicked in, I began to ask myself, are going to need if I am ever to go on my window. Is Batman stopping by and go to my house to climb? Is this unique in this window? Do not know much about Windows, I wondered if my old windows were just as strong.

Demos are there to impress us, but we must ask ourselves whether the demonstration really shows everyday.

And that was the goal I wanted to achieve, if I tried to see how much of a benefit for the user experience, the new RAM cache with disk provide overflow function. I wanted a demonstration that showed a very typical user.

A typical office users, like me, uses a Windows desktop with the following

  1. Outlook
  2. Internet Explorer
  3. Microsoft Word

have defined also in the applications, you can each have a difference in the workload still have on the sites you visit or the type of document you create. Instead a site visit with multimedia to go overboard, Citrix.com was used because it is similar to a simple, common website.

Instead of a large document to create multiple images, different aspect ratios and 3D rendering, the demo provides a small document with a single paragraph and a simple diagram.

with this simple workload, we would see a noticeable difference in the user experience? And felt, I'm not talking about an application to take a half second longer to load. I speak of a "WOW, will be everyone who sees this definitely able to notice the improvement."

In this very simple demonstration, with a minimal amount of work, I saw two important things

  1. a drastic reduction of disk activity
  2. Very significant change in the user experience

they try it itself.


practically signing off ...
Follow @djfeller

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar