Creating a custom event log to assist in troubleshooting

12:44 PM
Creating a custom event log to assist in troubleshooting -

When a Windows XP VDA records there are some key events in the administrator must search the event log, and these are normally easily visible in a single Eventvwr window. Windows 7 is much more highly instrumented than XP, and although it is good for troubleshooting, sometimes it can make the hardwood see through the trees:

Screenshot of a busy event log.

I had seen the ability to create custom event log several times, but never spent the time to really see what it was. When troubleshooting a problem VDA recording (in my own laboratory!) I decided to use this feature to see if you want my easier troubleshooting process.

So for a Windows 7 machine, we'll create a custom event log shows that Citrix events.

Open Event Viewer on your VDA. Select Custom Views , then click Create Custom View

dialog box to create custom view opens. Choose Connected Any Time , select all events Levels and select By Source

Screenshot of custom event log dialogue box.

Make scroll the list of event sources and select Citrix sources

Screenshot of event source selection

Click OK and then give the display personalized name. In this case, I named the sight of events " Citrix VDA Events "

Screenshot of event log properties

And now I'm relieved for the event showing me just the Citrix VDA events, I am interested We can see here that the VDA has some registration problems that require further investigation.

Screenshot of custom event log

The same process can be used for XenApp and XenDesktop DDCs. I'll try to set up another position XenDesktop and XenApp DDC events that should be followed in the near future.

I hope this post has been helpful.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar