to take a class with Justin Apsley is hard work

10:41 PM
to take a class with Justin Apsley is hard work -

Welcome to , to meet the teachers , a series where we have the extremely talented and knowledgeable Citrix Certified Instructors (KKI) fulfill teach that and interact with Citrix Education students every day. Today you will meet Master Instructor Justin Apsley who will have been only intended a CCI.

Where do you live?

I come from oceanside California, which is in the north of San Diego County.

How did you start your career working with Citrix technologies?

My first experience with Citrix WinFrame occurred with 1 X, where I had a help desk working position and a customer receives a pre- existing WinFrame implementation. I followed the product then in MetaFrame XP, when I participated in a new installation customers. Intermediate support and the predecessor to XenApp implementation and growing up under my dad who taught Citrix classes for years, I suppose it was fate. How Presentation Server 4.0 came out, I was just fed up with the technical support and looking for a change, so I pursued certification and I have since version 4.0 trained XenApp full-time, the 4.0 version of XenDesktop and version 10.0 of NetScaler , Today I am a master CCI and an adviser; I train and deploy Citrix.

What is your favorite place to teach and why?

I have no favorite place, but I have a favorite class. It is the class that if my students want to be there all the time, when I connect with my students when my students connect people and lives so enjoy much as they do their systems, if any subject I make at least two opinions on any of mine, if the interaction is high; this is my favorite place. Ending a week so, feels like I made an entire class of friends who prove themselves to me, continues, as I repeat students continue to receive. Teaching can be hard work, but to get to know people and learning new ways to be the same solutions on the implementation and can be very rewarding. I like it when I learn something new, these are my favorite are to teach courses and I am looking every time I teach.

What would you give to an IT Professional who is considering a Citrix Education Class

I would like to put the following expectations:

1. You teacher is very knowledgeable because he or she will likely experience with the product, it has to teach. However, you come to his or her class as a student. a class participation because a trouble ticket are the teacher to solve all your problems on a particular topic of the opening and expect tired is no reason to take part training. There is a word for it - it's called consulting. The teacher is to help gain a skill that you can use to manage your own environment and to deploy. The teacher is not your personal consultant.

2. Although very knowledgeable, the teacher can learn not the content for you. I always advise my students every day after class to read the book again and re-cover, discussed the content during class and to cross reference with the Citrix eDocs and to really study. That's why I start every day with a Q & A session, and I encourage my students is, terminated me via email after classes for the week. a course will not leave, it's hard work.

3. Most modern classes do not teach to the test, teach them in the real world Administrator, so please call not schedule your examination ends on the day class. Practical experience should accompany this class to pass the corresponding examination.

Preferred memory of a class teaching?

I do not know that I have a favorite memory, but I love the strong links I remember making my students. I enjoy connecting with my students, especially when we have such interests. something in common creates this amazing dynamic in the class to have, whether we are at breaking or digging in the course content.

What is your hidden talent?

Hmmm ... I think balancing a family, full-time teaching, part ~~ POS = TRUNC advice and games on my Xbox regularly a pretty useful talent! I read somewhere that you do not stop playing games because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing games!

Justin Apsley


When a student a course with never taken you what they will be most of When you get surprised in the classroom then?

to ask one of the fights in my customer focus training available, whether the class to make a brick and mortar classroom, or online, or both. In my presentation will not change and the way I not addressed my students, no matter the amended "classroom".

Another possible surprise is how many times I meet this reputation of being a "nerd." I references to films (such as Star Wars and Office Space) or books (such as The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) as analogies and examples. Hopefully I win one or two smiles of my audience, while at home to drive the point. I am an energetic coach, my students more than just a job looks, but as someone to obtain knowledge as an engineer to another to know and transfer!

How would anyone want to get in touch if they want to take a class with you?

My company has two master CCI, myself included. Both of us have recognized in the past, and the highest rated CCI of the Year Award. Both of us work for Citrix Consulting / Education and the CALC partners. We have taught both individual commitments, private parking commitments, and we both train at regular intervals in the class, from home and a hybrid of both.

If you want to apply for a coach, or if you want me to add you to my list of clients, I call when I am available to train, please contact me with justin @ attacinc. com and I will quickly contact you.

contact with Justin on LinkedIn

Back Meet the Instructor Contributions .:

Mauricio Schäpers

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar