5 surprising things I learned about XenDesktop today - My Synergy Diary Day 4

12:19 PM
5 surprising things I learned about XenDesktop today - My Synergy Diary Day 4 -

I am here in San Francisco this week to attend any Summit and Synergy. So I decided to keep a diary of my time here, so I can share my experiences of the sessions I attended and people I meet.

Day 2 of Synergy and the conference center is now in full swing with lots of running sessions. The day began with the second keynote Synergy, below are the highlights:

  • clouds are not - lots of demos and an overview of the Avalon Project
  • the clouds are built from the bottom up - some guest speakers providing input

the TAA team had another busy day with lots of interviews with clients again. We receive excellent feedback that we will implement in the product roadmap.

A couple of team members are also present a session "The Ultimate XenDesktop 5.x workshop troubleshooting". This session is popular and repeated 4 times. Each advanced sessions.

So I try to attend as many meetings as possible, so what did I learn today?

  1. WinRM and head office
    This discussion came during a discussion with a client and my colleague explained how you can use the Microsoft WinRM protocol that enables remote management . He continued to explain how you can use WinRM with Desktop Director. I found the following article on the knowledge base that explains how to enable WinRM - http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX125243
  2. HDX improvements in XenDesktop
    I attended a session with Derek Thorslund around HDX technologies. The session covered HDX capabilities, enhancements and capabilities. I recommend to check the registration of the session on Citrix TV.
  3. XenDesktop and storage
    Another excellent Geek Speak Live session that covered if traditional storage is inefficient for the office. There was a wide range of experts on the panel that offered a wide ranging view. Good session and reflection during storage exam in your VDI environment.
  4. Council Citrix best practices are cool!
    I caught the end of a session delivered by two Citrix consultants who talked about how to design the office processing user experience with Citrix Consulting best practices. The session was the use of profiles and personal vDisk, optimizing HDX technolgies for fast networks and many more I'm sure. Another session, I have to check on Citrix TV when records are in place.
  5. Accommodation XenDesktop on XenServer
    Very popular session issued by the office products manager. Features covered
    This session taht make XenServer optimal platform to host XenDesktop, something I never really thought before someone new to desktop virtualization. My path is around web / network. Session also focused on improvements in XenServer that will reduce the cost of desktop virtualization.

See my daily newspaper below.

I also took many pictures during the event you can find on the Citrix Support site Facebook

David

Citrix on :.
Twitter - @citrixsupport & @citrixreadiness
Facebook
LinkedIn

Share

Tagged as:

  • AppDNA
  • Citrix Receiver
  • Citrix Synergy
  • CloudGateway
  • Essentials Hyper-V
  • NetScaler
  • NetScaler gateway
  • nonspecific
  • receptor
  • not rated
  • XenApp
  • XenClient
  • XenDesktop
  • XenMobile
  • XenServer

the importance of business processes, Part 1: Release Management

the industria financiera, ¿hacia la extinción o transformación?

Citrix Secure Browser: use quaisquer aplicações em seu navegador favorito

StoreFront Authentication SDK Update

a revolutionary approach to malware Advanced protection

SD-WAN: O Futuro das redes WAN Corporativas

X Marks the spot: XenApp, XenDesktop and XenServer with Intel Xeon and HPE Moonshot!

Using Windows Server containers with XenServer 7.0

Citrix Lifecycle Management, XenApp and XenDesktop: Better Together

You can be "The Special" at Citrix Synergy!

Citrix & Workspace IoT: Connecting Things, businesses and lives around the world

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar