Meet Citrix Geek of the Week - Stéphane Thirion

12:56 PM
Meet Citrix Geek of the Week - Stéphane Thirion -

Comrades Community Greetings

The "Geek the "series of blog week highlights one of the members of our outstanding community each week, so you can get to know more about them and what they do in and community!

Our Geek of the week is

Stéphane Thirion
CTO / Owner - IT Architect
Activlan
Paris, France

What was your first computer project and what was your role?

My first real project was in 01 in a private bank based in Paris, I had to understand and stabilize a Citrix MetaFrame 1.8 (Windows NT4 Terminal Server Edition) farm of 20 servers. They had many questions mainly because of printer drivers (BSOD classic at that time) and in 6 months I had everything works like a charm with new applications and deployed office. The server installation and deployment was just completely automated by scripts. When everything has been stabilized, it was time to migrate to MetaFrame XP on Windows 00. I was at that time between the director and the engineer and I learned a lot this year, read every line of " Citrix MetaFrame Tuning Tips "written by Rick" master "Dehlinger and learning concepts and basic principles of virtualization.


Tell us the story of how you started working Activlan?

Serge Rajevic (CEO Activlan) Activlan started in 00 and I am the one of its customers at the time (iT Manager in a comic business) and he asked me to join him on several occasions, this is one of the best decisions I made in my life. Since then we have progressed together and continued to Activlan cultivated daily on the virtualization market in France. I am now CTO and architect of this very cool company.

In addition to being an IT architect / consultant, what other industry and employment appeals to you?

I love my job, I know I am lucky to have a company that always follows my move and push me to go ahead and worldwide. Prior to my current job, when I was in school, I wanted to be a coroner (!) And now if I had to move to another job I would radically change my world to become lighthouse keeper and photographer to Kerguelen island.


What is your favorite in-comic-book became a live-action movie and why ?

I do not know too much about it, but I think Wolverine is ultra cool. With his skeleton adamantium metal alloy, three retractable claws bone in each hand and a healing factor that allows him to recover from virtually any wound, disease or toxin at an accelerated pace who can beat him? It is the strongest and one of the most mysterious Marvel characters.

What is your favorite Sci Fi movie and why?

My favorite Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica movie - the plan because I'm a big fan of the series. This blend of science fiction, strategy, action, betrayal and intergalactic wars is amazing.

What is your favorite thing about living in France?

I think I could live almost everywhere I went, I was born in France and I live in this country since. I especially like the food and wine; nothing can beat a mixture of all French cheeses with a glass of red wine. Although France is a small country; we have all kinds of landscapes, mountains, seas and oceans, cities and countries, even volcano and beautiful islands.

What do you like so far from being a new Citrix Technology Professional (CTP) ?

I can not talk about this, I'm under non-disclosure agreement, but I can assure everyone that reads this interview, it is super cool to be involved so deeply in technologies and the most secret research Citrix. Being with people who share the same interest in virtualization technology is very interesting and since I'm new in the CTP circle, I learn a lot by listening to everyone talk.

What is your favorite series of all time TV (past or present)?

As I mentioned earlier this is Battlestar Galactica, but I'll choose another one, my second favorite is The Shield. I love this series because it looks so real, the police do their job well and are constantly forced to choose between the bad and the worst result of having as a policeman.

What was the biggest Citrix deployment you have architected / implemented, and what was the takeaway?

greatest Citrix architected I was a French government institute, around 44000 seats where I had to think how to provide the right desktop for each user, automation and industrialization all solution. On this scale, architecting this kind of infrastructure is a technical project, there are also political, organizational and social dimension that I should consider in order to be able to have the best results. This work was a very good blog provider for my blog (www.archy.net).

What subject would you like to further discuss Geek Speak events in 2012?

I think this year I will focus my presentation on XenDesktop / XenApp, CloudGateway, CloudPortal and CloudStack. I would share what I think makes a good engineer / consultant and how to last and try to stay on top in this work, what it means.

What is your favorite and why Citrix technology?

This is undoubtedly XenApp, simply because I started with Citrix MetaFrame 1.0 and I think that users will always need their applications to end. I learned so much with Citrix over the years, in collaboration with Citrix pushed me beyond.


View Stephane archy.net blog and follow him on Twitter @archynet!

Laura Whalen
Citrix Systems, Inc.
follow me on Twitter

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar