Meet the Teacher - Mauricio Schäpers

6:37 PM
Meet the Teacher - Mauricio Schäpers -

Welcome to Meet the Instructor , a new series where we are hitting extremely talented and knowledgeable Citrix Certified Instructors (CCIs ) teach that and interact with Citrix Education students every day. To kick off the series, let's meet Mauricio Schäpers , the winner of the 2013-14 CCI Collaboration Award.

Where do you live?

I live in Munich, Germany. For most people it is known as the city where the Oktoberfest takes place every year.

How did you start your career working with Citrix technologies?

I started in IT with a part-time job in 03 after school. I did it without thinking really that I would later earn their livelihood with the computer issues. At the time it was more of a hobby and a great way to raise some money for weekend activities.

However, without knowing what job I should go, I went to the employment office in Munich to take a psychological test. It was designed to personal ability, preferences, and possible career options to facilitate.

The result? System Engineer, Programmer, system administrator, etc.

So I took my destiny and began training at Amadeus Hospitality GmbH, the German hotel division of Amadeus IT Group. That's where I touched Citrix technology for the first time, working with Presentation Server 4.0. It was fascinating for me that something is happening at a remote location, yet still worked as smoothly and easily.

Later, I began to Infor work, and was to hold the support and different XenApp sites worldwide. From time to time I asked Geoffrey Short, who was my teacher during my training at Amadeus, design issues. After Id asked him a few times on the various deep knowledge of things (he was always able to answer the way,), he held me. He then asked me the very next sentence, if I be interested in a Trainer & Consultant at ADN Distribution GmbH. Ha! Looks like my questions in detail to always . "Why not?", And moved to ADN:

I thought.

What is your favorite place to teach and why?

CXM 302 Definitely: development, deployment, and Enterprise Mobility Management with XenMobile. I like it because we use many different products in the same environment, receive. We obviously cover everything about the Citrix Mobility solution in the class, but we touch on so many other things. We get known Citrix virtualization technology to use, but we also cover many topics from the network world.

What would you give to an IT Professional who is considering a Citrix Education Class?

It does not matter what course you take will only get in a classroom always improves your existing Citrix know.

If you already know which product or solution of interest to you is, try to choose a teacher with experience, implement the product in the real world. In a laboratory environment, tends everything always work. But only those who have implemented the product in a production environment really know all the edges and corners of a product, the pop-up and a challenge for you.

Mauricio Schäpers

What of the teaching a class is your favorite memory?

I have a lot of good and funny memories of classes, but one of the most extraordinary place last year. My students and I decided to go after school, a few drinks and dinner. We went to a bar in Bochum, and we had an absolutely great time. As a group, we decided the hotel at 23.30 to go back. Most of us went to sleep, as we had all the class the next day. But two of the guys decided to go for a last drink in the bar.

Everyone in the class was the next morning at 9:00 am, except for the two guys who "a" last drink in the hotel had a bar. No response to several calls and messages. Around 10:30 am one of the missing men appeared in the classroom, looking a little confused. He began to scream: "Yes, I'm the first!" We were a little surprised and asked him, "ehm .. look around, everyone is already there," and he just smiled and shouted back: "Yes, but I'm ahead of the other guy!"

If a student never taken a course with you what they most of When you get surprised in the classroom then?

students are to be happy that I do not consider myself too tight with PowerPoint slides and exercises. My classes are all about steps together, to ask questions, take, and the discussion about knowledge and experience to progress together. My personal goal is the students to act as a single team to obtain, even if they sometimes direct competitors.

I also try to explain everything, based on real-world examples. can we discuss issues related to the product are not directly related to, but will help them to implement in their environment and to make the best possible practical solution.

What is your hidden talent?

Not long ago I was a member of the THW, the Federal Agency for Technical Relief. That is, when the building training center is close to collapse and fire is all around us - no worries - I am trained to always find a solution out of this situation

If you a question Mauricio or want to take a class with him, him an e-mail or to send head over to his website.

admin@mauricio-schaepers.de

www.mauricio- schaepers.de

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar