Facebook Contest Winner: Mobile Workstyle a firefighter Modern Day -

9:40 PM
Facebook Contest Winner: Mobile Workstyle a firefighter Modern Day - -

In recent weeks Citrix on Facebook page, we asked people to show us their . Top 5 Essentials for working on the Go We received hundreds of submissions - you can see some of our favorites here - but in the end, only one was worthy of winning the final work on the Go package price:

  • $ 1000 two United Airline travel vouchers
  • Toshiba Portégé® UltrabookTM Intel® CoreTM i3
  • JetpackTM Verizon Mobile Hotspot MiFi® with two-year contract
  • free one-year subscription to Citrix® GoToMeeting
  • Plantronics® Stereo Headset

The winner, George M. Jupiter, Florida, has been a fan of long Citrix before the days of Facebook. It all started 15 years ago when George decided to buy shares in companies based in Florida, Citrix included, and he followed the vision and growth of the company since.

George winning bid (photo above) immediately caught our attention, so we had just to ask him more about the life of a modern-day mobile firefighter.

Tell us about your work
I am a firefighter in Miami-Dade County. I hold the position of captain.

What is a typical day "of work outside of the office" for you?
Outside the office, I typically fourteen to twenty emergency calls in a period of twenty-four hours. They are mostly medical calls and fire calls, but can be as simple as alarm ringtones or stuck elevators. When I'm not running emergency calls, I am responsible for the investigation and training of the company. I spend much of every tour out of office.

Why is it important for you to remain "connected" while working on the go?
for work, my life and the lives of others depend on remain "connected" anytime with secure failover and redundant systems by radio, tablet, or 3g connection to the fire truck portable. There are so many facets of what we do request that we maintain a permanent connection to our supporters. These distributors and logistics people give us the resources and additional help when we need them. They keep us safe and often think a step ahead of us. They are committed to our safety, security and many other things. I can not imagine how much more dangerous to our work would be without these tools that we take for granted today.

Personally, I'm out of my office / fire station so, it is important that my wife can contact me while I'm out (sometimes for 3-5 hours that time ). We have two young children and the ability to "connect" with her, if only for a moment, is very important to me.

What are your plans for the final work on the package Price Go?
My wife and I will probably use the right for the four of us (I have two young boys). I would like to see the Colorado in the summer. As for the tech stuff, I plan to retire my old laptop and use the ipad, headphones and MiFi hotspot for downtime at work. The Toshiba laptop is my work computer. I'm about a month away from launching a t-shirt company called indie Hook & Irons.

Congratulations to George and thank you to all who participated in the Top 5 Essentials to work on the contest Go! Be sure to "like" our Facebook page for more fun in the future!

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar