Desired State Configuration: with XenDesktop DSC resource (Part 5)

6:01 PM
Desired State Configuration: with XenDesktop DSC resource (Part 5) -

In my last article I discussed the built-in the desired state configuration (DSC) resources with a Citrix license to standing Server. All but one of the resources that I used shipped in the box with Server 2012 R2 -. And one could argue that I get my license file and install it really does not have to use the custom resource to

I have to install the package resource to the Citrix License Server.

the packet resource for the license server works well, this is a really quick and easy to install. But what do you do if you require an installer, the restart of the mid-stream? Or even several reboots?

Some of you who XenApp or XenDesktop installed over the years, know that these additional takes time and you have to follow your checklist or the wizard, to ensure that you missed a step. What if you do not need to do that? Or what if we could greatly simplify the whole process?

Here is an example that I think that you like.

Recently a Technology Preview is released resource for XenDesktop from a desired state configuration. You can find it here: http://www.citrix.com/go/xendesktop-for-the-private-cloud.html

to place the admin guide and the module in the PowerShell path on the target (and the machine where you can create configurations) and move forward.

I use this in the next examples, it can give a brief description.

[1945001Dies] brings some of the previous articles together

Line 9 - .. 12 coupled to the line 47, the local configuration manager (LCM) to even reboot handle

rows 15 to 20 creates my unzip and logging path

lines 24 - 30 my media unzips. I know what is the name of my media and I expect that the media will be delivered to the same location where the script is run by another agent or process - such as an external process to the media and this script download the same path and then runs this script

lines 33 - 38 .. call the XenDesktop resource and install one of the roles defined

If the role of the installation is that the system a restart requires that LCM handles. When you restart it processes the configuration again until the XenDesktop resource returns 'true' for the "present" is set guarantee.

To control this is usually a restart of a session Host or VDA tis could be two reboots. The big thing for me is that it totally hands off. DevOps in XenDesktop world.

Personally, I hope that you check this out, and I'm looking for feedback, where they need to go next, and when it is useful to you. So please, speak in the comments on, participate in the forum or the survey

Next - .. Can show that this all in action in some real applications

Like what you read here? Read other posts about desired state configuration

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar